No time like the present. I am grateful for...
- My family, who are understanding when I take Wii Party too seriously
- Board games from my childhood that still hold up, like five-card Sorry and Clue
- My mom's fried chicken
- Backyard pools and water guns when the temperature gets above 100
- My new job, which gives the awesome freedom of working shoeless and in shorts, and allows for longer visits to family
- Bowling, kickball, and frisbee golf, possibly the three dorkiest sports of all time...and maybe the best, too because you can drink a cold beer with all three
- My needy goldens, even when they jump on the bed and stand over my sleeping body and breathe way too close to my face when it's time for breakfast
- My friends, who remind me it's still cool to just have fun
- My sister and my niece, who can always make me laugh
- And my beautiful wife, who is understanding and patient and way better looking than a schlub like me deserves. Thank you for being my partner.
I am also grateful for the community of personal finance bloggers, who put themselves out there and share the wisdom & the good and the bad of their lives with the hopes that it helps someone else. I find personal finance to be a somewhat lonely habit, since an open dialogue about finances is taboo in some situations. Reading your blogs with a cup of coffee is the best part of my morning. Thank you.
P.S. - A post on coupons is in the mix, and I'll be grateful once I figure out a way to put my rambling thoughts together...